Community Meetings Rotation and SetUp

Hi HEN Community!

I’d like to propose a few options for meetings in this new era of HEN! I feel a global community is an incredible opportunity for voices to be heard. I have a bit of open source & open foundation experience and I feel we could use some togetherness to preserve our diversity. Perhaps we should meet weekly during this transitional time to establish firm ground? Also enabling rotating meeting times, rotating moderators and note takers, we could have global participation–if each week was taken care of by different members who volunteer themselves, we could support organization and leadership from 12 to 15 different community members (or more!). Perhaps this is too optimistic but if we are serious about decentralization–we should try to give it a try.

I’d propose a Sunday to Wednesday poll for day and time of meetings.
Discussion items can be noted within the weekly meeting forum thread throughout the week and we could finish the weeks meeting forum thread with the transcript and any action items.

Feedback desired! (please)

Possible action item: New poll for Community Meeting 2
Friday 19th November, Saturday 20th November, Sunday 21st of November
6 UTC, 8 UTC, 10 UTC, 12 UTC

9 Likes

This is a great idea! If there is a way to incentivize participation I’m sure there will be more interest too. Even something as simple as being featured on the community Twitter or their wallet address being posted for donations and tips for that week something like that. Just thinking out loud :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

imo we need exactly that. should we poll on times on discord ?

Absolutely! Do it! (I think only admins can do polls?)

at the moment this is a bit over my head - could you help me formulate the poll?

Its in the post:
Possible action item: New poll for Community Meeting 2
Friday 19th November, Saturday 20th November, Sunday 21st of November
6 UTC, 8 UTC, 10 UTC, 12 UTC

1 Like

yes! agree. Now is the time to unite the community and make it happen

2 Likes